- In 2016, 24.8% of people residing in Rockford, Illinois were below poverty level.
- In 2015, 16.8% of people residing in Winnebago County were below poverty level.
STATE OF ILLINOIS
- In 2015, 17.8% of people residing in the State of Illinois were below poverty level.
- As of 2015, 42.2 million Americans live in food-insecure households, including 29.1 million adults and 13.1 million children.
- Households with children report food insecurity at a significantly higher rate than those without children, 17% compared to 11%.
- As of 2014, 5.4 million seniors (over age 60), or 9% of all seniors, are estimated to be food insecure.